0.05 Blood Alcohol Content
It can happen to anyone, but not that you’ve blown over .05 blood alcohol content, you need the help of an impaired driving lawyer. Blowing over .05 (BAC) on a breathalyzer test is a major offence, and is close to being a criminal offence. You will still need a DUI lawyer to argue your case. The Alberta traffic laws were updated in 2012 and the penalties for even low-limit impaired driving have been increased.
The drunk driving lawyers at Gunn Law Group are experienced in impaired driving law and they are on your side. Give them a call today and start taking the steps to getting your license back, so you can get back to work.
Charges for Impaired Driving in Alberta
Impaired driving carries harsh consequences. At the .05 to .08 level, the penalties in place aim to prevent drinking and driving – a BAC of over .08 is a criminal offence.
For drivers with Blood Alcohol between .05 to .08:
- 1st offence: immediate 3-day licence suspension and 3-day vehicle seizure.
- 2nd offence: immediate 15-day licence suspension, 7-day vehicle seizure, “Planning Ahead” course.
- 3rd offence: immediate 30-day licence suspension, 7-day vehicle seizure, “Impact” course.
For drivers with blood alcohol over .08 it is criminal charge. You will receive an immediate licence suspension which is sustained until the criminal charge is resolved:
- 1st charge: sustained licence suspension and 3-day vehicle seizure, “Planning Ahead” course.
- 2nd charge: sustained licence suspension, 7-day vehicle seizure, “Impact” course.
- 3rd charge: sustained licence suspension, 7-day vehicle seizure, “Impact” course.
- *Mandatory ignition interlock after criminal conviction: 1-year for 1st conviction; 3 years for 2nd conviction; 5-years for 3rd conviction.
There is a zero-tolerance impaired driving policy for GDL drivers in Alberta. For any GDL driver that undergoes a breathalyzer and registers a BAC of over .00, there is an immediate 30-day license suspension and 7-day vehicle seizure.
Defending Impaired Driving Charges In Fort McMurry
You need to be able to drive to work. Don’t let this impaired driving cut you off from your pay cheque. The impaired driving lawyers at Gunn Law Group understand your situation, and they know you can’t waste your time — because time is money. Call us today. We’ll get you back to work.